Colic in babies is when they get sharp intermittent abdominal pain or cramps. Babies with colic will cry as they are in pain.
The key symptoms to look out for when choosing remedies is what else they do – pull up their legs, arch their back, have constipation etc. Is it better or worse for pressure? Things like this is what is going to help you help your little one.
If you are breastfeeding you baby consider what in your diet might be affecting them? Many foods can affect babies, including dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and many different types of fruit and vegetables. See if you can identify a pattern and cut out the food to test the theory.
Another cause if colic can be gulping air, more often by bottle fed babies, but also by breastfed. Try different positions and teat sizes to try and minimise this if it’s a problem.
Homeopathic remedies are very useful for all sorts of digestive issues, colic and otherwise. There are lots of remedies to choose from, here are a few of the top ones –
- Bends forward and screams
- Better for bending double
- Better for passing a stool
- Bloated abdomen
- Pain so severe it can cause vomiting
- Arches back and screams
- Better for back arching, stretching out or being held upright
- Better for pressure
- Worse for lying down – does not want to – and after midnight
- Rumbling and gurgling stomach
- Unbearable pain
- Angry baby, whining and screaming and cannot be comforted
- Red face, one sided
- Bloated abdomen
- Better for uncovering
- Better for bending double and pressure
- Worse after feeding
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Sour smelling stools
- Bloated abdomen, tight like a drum
- Watery, olive green stools
- Better without a nappy on
- Ill effects of Syntometrine, drug used to stimulate the birth of the placenta
If you need some support with helping your little one, click here to book a free 15 minute chat to me.