Teething is the main time I think – ‘Who would want to be a baby!’ Some babies don’t suffer much with teething. But some really struggle periodically as more teeth move and cut through.
Teething can cause severe pain, red cheeks, increased saliva, it can also lead to coughs and colds, fevers, earache, diarrhoea, mood swings and sleeplessness.
There are many remedies that can help in this area. Below is some information on some of the most common ones.
If self-prescribing fails consult a homeopath if your child is really suffering, as the right remedy can help them remarkedly.
- Unbearable pain. Cries out in their sleep
- One red cheek, the other pale. Red spot on one cheek
- Don’t want to chew on anything, worse for pressure
- Angry babies – kicking and shouting
- Want to be carried and rocked
- Don’t know what they want, keep changing their minds
- Green stools
- Worse for warmth of bed, wants to be uncovered
- Severe pain
- Both cheeks hot, red and swollen
- Gums could also be inflamed
- Very restless
- Biting and hitting out
- Not wanting to be touched
- Sensitive to light and noise
- Fever that comes on suddenly
- Symptoms come on about 3pm and are worse at midnight
- Clingy, moany and whiny
- Wanting to be carried and held
- Better for fresh air
- Worse for the warmth of bed and warm drinks
- Slow and difficult teething- they take forever to arrive
- May make a chewing motion or grind their teeth or gums
- Worse for fresh air
- Stubborn side is strong when teething or ill
- Could have a fever similar to that of Belladonna
If you need help – ask. Here’s how to book a free 15 minute chat with me – click here.